A COMPARISON BETWEEN JBCC, NEC, FIDIC AND GCC
Validated for 1.5 CPD Credit in Category 1. ECSA
Validation Number: IPET1/CR/1025/4
This is a Podcast.
Presenter: Johan Viljoen
This training covers the comparison between different conditions of contract documents on certain aspects.
The following specific standard forms of contracts are discussed:
- Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer, First Edition, 1999 (Red Book).
- JBCC Series 2000 Edition 6.2 May 2018, Principal Building Agreement.
- NEC4, Engineering and Construction Contract, June 2017 (with amendments January 2019)
- General Conditions of Contract for Construction Works, The South African Institution of Civil Engineering, Third Edition (2015).
We will look into the background of each of these conditions of contracts. Thereafter, we will establish which conditions of contract is best suited for which type of projects.
A comparison will be made between the different conditions of contracts on the following:
- Method of writing
- Parties to the contract and representatives
- Performance Bond / Securities
- Advance Payment
- Employer’s Risks
- The agent’s authority (delegation)
- Employer / client
- Interim Payment
- Penalty / Delay Damages
- Force Majeure
- Time-Barring (Claims)
- Dispute Process